Search Advanced Search

Working Holiday Visa Information

Working Holiday Visas provide an opportunity for people to work and travel around Australia for up to 12 months. They are only available for people aged between 18 to 30, anyone else must receive sponsorship to be able to work in Australia.

You are allowed to do any kind of work, but cannot work the same job for more than three months. Working visa applications must be made overseas at a visa office or over the Internet with the Department of Immigration.

Travellers on a working holiday visa may also study for up to 3 months while in Australia.

To work in Australia visitors need to have a tax file number and a bank account. You can still work if you haven?t got a tax file number but you will be taxed a lot more.

Please note: Work in Cairns is not an employment agency, so therefore we are unable to arrange employment or give advice to overseas visitors wanting to work in Australia.

For more information on working visas, sponsorship and migration visit: or visit - Live In Australia